The Law Offices of John Vong  is committed to helping individuals, small businesses address immigration issues and provide legal services to help successfully navigate United States immigration law. We assist individuals and organizations in Houston and neighboring cities and around the globe with their immigration legal needs.

We  provide immigration services tailored to the specific needs of each individual, business, or corporation.  We focus on petitioning for U.S. citizenship, obtaining immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and providing detention, deportation, and removal defense.  Whether you or your loved one wants to obtain a legal permant resident card (“green card”) or become a U.S. citizen, we can help.
For our business and corporate clients, we provide legal representation and advice regarding human resources issues related to employment visas, labor certification, and the temporary and permanent relocation of employees.

Immigration FAQ

Not necessarily. In fact, a large number of cases resolve without the need for filing a lawsuit. However, even if we move forward and litigate your case; there is a strong possibility we can resolve the claim at or before mediation. Thus, only a small percentage of cases ever see the light of a courtroom.

For a quick response, write an email to with your name in the subject line and the attorney or case manager handling your case will respond within 24 hours with an update. While phone calls are not discouraged, our attorneys are constantly on the phone with adjusters, medical providers, clients and other attorneys so e-mail is the quickest most efficient form of communication if you need an immediate response. If not, please feel free to leave a voicemail with the attorney handling your case and they will return your call as soon as they are available.

Each case is different and will yield a different result. Two car accidents can appear to be exactly the same, but have two very different outcomes. There are several factors that determine how much a case will yield. NO TWO CASES ARE THE SAME!

You are in no way obligated to speak to them. First you should ask for the person’s name, phone number, and mailing address and write it down. Next, you should politely decline to speak with the other driver’s insurance company, and seek legal representation immediately. Let us assist you with the rest.

We never charge for an initial consultation regarding your personal injury case. Personal injury cases normally involve a contingency fee agreement, although retainer fees at an hourly rate are also available if you prefer. The client agrees to pay a specified percent of the recovery. If there is no recovery there is no fee, and the attorney normally absorbs any expenses which have been advanced on the case. Feel free to call the Law Offices of John Vong, PLLC to speak with a licensed attorney.

Quickly. To be safe, you should talk to an attorney as soon as possible, especially if the injuries are severe or a death has resulted. All too often valuable evidence disappears, witnesses move, memories grow dim and the practical ability to prove your case may diminish. If you are still being treated by a doctor, an attorney can also provide you with guidance concerning your medical treatment. Legal advice can also be useful if you have questions about the settlement value of the claim. Contact the Law Offices of John Vong, PLLC to discuss your personal injury case for free.

You should contact a personal injury attorney prior to speaking to the other driver’s insurance company to avoid jeopardizing your case.

This is one of the most difficult and regularly asked questions by clients to answer. Your case may go through several different phases before it is resolved. Immediately, after the accident you will have to seek medical attention for your resulting injuries. You may have to treat with several doctors, receive medical testing, and go through treatment procedures to determine the type and severity of your injuries. Once your injury has been identified and treatment has concluded, your attorney will send a demand to the insurance company for evaluation and attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf with the insurance carrier of the negligent party. If a reasonable settlement cannot be agreed to within a reasonable amount of time, your attorney would next file a law suit on your behalf. The Texas rules of civil procedure govern the amount of time that it takes to fully litigate and try a personal injury case in civil court. This time can be lengthy based on factors such as the jurisdiction, the caseload of the judge, and complexity of the cause of action. One of our goals is to ensure that we handle your claim in the most time-efficient way possible. We will attempt to move your case through pre-suit negotiations as quickly and effectively as possible. Most cases will move through this pre-suit phase within approximately six months. However, we will never ignore the best financial interests of our clients just to see that a case is resolved sooner rather than later. Our number one goal is to represent our clients in the most honest and effective way possible

In addition to medical bills, lost wages, and damage to your vehicle, you may get awarded money for: mental anguish, pain and suffering, medica loss of consortium, loss of use of property in your vehicle or on your person at the time of the accident, diminished value of your vehicle, etc.

After an accident, the insurance company may not be protecting your interests. A lawyer will protect you and make sure you are treated fairly by the insurance company and all parties involved. An attorney will also guide you through the process of filing a claim to make sure everything is done correctly.